The Hon’ble High Court of Delhi on 27th August 2020 issues the Standard Operating Procedure to be followed for the Physical Hearing of cases. The resumption of Physical Hearing of cases will be resumed from 1st September, 2020.
The court will observe suspended functioning till September 30 and all pending matters listed between September 1 and September 30 will be adjourned. 5 benches of the Court will resume physical hearing of cases on a rotational basis and the remaining benches will continue to take up matters through video conferencing. It is also required by the advocate during E-Filing of the case to be heard through video conferencing or physical mode.
The following matters will be heard by the court
- Urgent Matters
- Non-urgent filed during Lockdown
- Regular Matters where the consent for final hearing has been received from both sides.
Entry into the court block will be restricted to only
- one advocate whose Vakalatnama is on record or duly authorized
- Registered Clerk
- Senior counsel
- Standing/Nominated Counsel
- Party – in – person
Entry of Junior, Law Students, Interns or non – registered clerks is not allowed.
- Following mandatory norms should be followed by all concerned persons entering the court building-
- Wearing of mask all times.
- Undergoing thermal scanning at the designated entry points and random checking inside the court blocks.
- Sanitizing the hands before/at the time of entry.
- Strict adherence to the norm of social distancing within the court-complex.
- Social/ physical distancing by maintaining a minimum distance of six feet.
- Adherence to all the directions/ guidelines/ SOPs/ advisories issued by the Government of India and the Govt. of NCT of Delhi in respect of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Entry time to any court block shall be regulated as per the time slots mentioned in the cause list for different batches of cases. Each batch shall consist of 10 cases. No person shall be permitted entry inside the court blocks before the designated time-slot as per the cause list.
- Non-urgent matters shall be permitted to be filed in physical mode / hard copy also. However, such cases shall be taken up for scrutiny / processing after 72 hours of filing.
- On the basis of advance joint- information received from the Advocates of any particular case, the matter fixed for physical hearing for a particular date may be taken through videoconferencing on any subsequent day as per the directions of the Hon’ble Court. Similarly, on the basis of advance joint- information received from the Advocates of any particular case, the matter fixed for Virtual hearing may be taken up through physical mode on any subsequent day as per the directions of the Hon’ble Court. Such advance joint-information be entered on the prescribed performa, scanned and emailed five working days prior to the date of listing to designated email IDs or physical copy thereof be filed at the filing counter.