Patna High Court
Patna High Court had initiated a Suo Moto case against an advocate who was accused of attempting rape on a law student who was intern in his cabin last month. The Advocate name was Niranjan. The case was registered on the basis of oral mentioning of the resolution passed by the co-ordination committee of 3 Association of the Patna High Court against the Advocate in question. The case was Court on its own motion on the basis of resolution/complaint passed by coordination committee V/S the State of Bihar and Ors [Civil Writ Jurisdiction Case No.345 of 2023]. The case was presided by Mr. Chief Justice Sanjay Karol and Mr. Justice Partha Sarthy.
Facts of the case
- The allegations on the advocate have been levelled by a 21 year old law student from the Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna.
- In her complaint she said that she had been working as an intern in accused’s office since December1, 2022 and on the last days of her internship i.e., 23 December, the accused asked for the sexual favours in the name “Guru Dakshina” and asked her to stay a night with him and also tried to rape in her chamber.
- She further said that she somehow saved herself and reported thte incident to the police control room, after which accused advocate was arrested and FIR was lodged against him.
- It was also came into the light by the other advocates that there has been a past incident of the similar nature by the same advocate.
- The interim report of the Fact-Finding Committee constituted by the Bihar State Bar Council was given in High Court.
When the case came before the court, it perused the resolutions and allegation against the advocate and proceeded to issue a notice to him. The Bihar State Bar Council has already suspended him from further practicing in any court in India with immediate effect. The interim has also been given by the committee mentioned above which was under seal.
“PRIME LEGAL is a full-service law firm that has won a National Award and has more than 20 years of experience in an array of sectors and practice areas. Prime legal fall into a category of best law firm, best lawyer, best family lawyer, best divorce lawyer, best divorce law firm, best criminal lawyer, best criminal law firm, best consumer lawyer, best civil lawyer.”
JUDGEMENT REVIEWED BY NAMRATA SINGH